Steven R. Morris Law, PLLC
Phone: (434) 989-0439
Fax: (434) 480-4650
810 East High Street
Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Child Custody Disputes
- Property Distribution (equitable distribution)
- Alimony (spousal support)
- Child Support
- Enforcing Existing Court Orders
- Protective Orders
- Family Law Negotiation and Settlements
Steven is a Charlottesville family law attorney and Charlottesville divorce lawyer. For over nine years, he has represented clients in Virginia and Texas in all phases of family law cases. In addition to managing Steven R. Morris Law, PLLC, Steven serves as attorney of counsel to the Law Offices of Christopher J. Smith in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Prior to forming Steven R. Morris Law, PLLC, Steven was an associate attorney with Raynor & Farmer, P.C. in Charlottesville, Virginia and an of counsel attorney with a boutique firm in Dallas, Texas focusing exclusively on family law appeals.
After living in four different states and one foreign country, Steven is happy to call Virginia his permanent home. Steven lives in Charlottesville with his wife, Melissa, and their three spoiled dogs. In his free time, Steven enjoys hiking, running, and cooking.
- J.D., Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (n/k/a Texas A&M School of Law), May 2011, cum laude Law Review Editorial Board, Articles Editor
Texas Wesleyan Law Fellowship Award Recipient, Summer 2010 (public interest scholarship)
Academic Support Teaching Assistant
- B.S. in Biology-Molecular and Microbiology, May 2005
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2014
- Texas, 2011
Publications – Family Law
- “Participation in Appeals as Amicus Curiae,” by Georganna L. Simpson and Steven R. Morris, published in the American Bar Association, Family Law Quarterly, Spring 2014;
- “Family Law Year in Review,” by Georganna L. Simpson and Steven R. Morris, published in the Texas Bar Journal, January 2014;
- “Family Law Year in Review,” by Georganna L. Simpson and Steven R. Morris, published in the Texas Bar Journal, January 2013;
- “Scope of Agreement and Scope of Review: How the Draft of an Arbitration Agreement Can Affect the Arbitrability of a Dispute as well as Judicial Review of an Arbitration Award,” by Steven R. Morris, published in the State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section Report, June 2011
- “Annual Family Law Legislative Update” Presenter – Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association, Family Law CLE – 2017
- “Annual Family Law Legislative Update” Presenter – Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association, Family Law CLE – 2018
Originally from Southern California, Jamie has lived in the Charlottesville area with her three children since 2011. After receiving her bachelor’s degree from Franklin & Marshall College and her masters from St. John’s College, she taught middle school for two years before becoming a stay-at-home mother and private tutor for more than a decade. She has worked as a family law legal assistant and paralegal since 2014. In this capacity, she drafts pleadings, works with clients to respond to discovery, analyzes financial documentation, prepares demonstratives, conducts witness interviews, and assists Mr. Morris in myriad other ways to move clients’ cases forward. Jamie truly enjoys the people aspect of her work and always puts clients at ease as they navigate what is generally a challenging time in their lives.
Jessica joined the Steven R. Morris Law team in the later part of 2020 as a legal assistant and paralegal. Jessica assists clients by providing regular contact, case updates, drafting court pleadings and letters, reviewing and summarizing records, preparing and answering discovery, and conducting client interviews. She maintains client case files, assists clients with document production and assists Mr. Morris in the day-to-day business operations of our family law office. Previously, Jessica worked as an account manager and studied Business Administration at J. Sergeant Reynolds Community College. She uses her customer service experience to help families in transition by providing emotional and legal support to our clients. Jessica lives in Fluvanna County with her husband and two sons. During her downtime, Jessica enjoys traveling, spending time with her family, cooking, and anything outdoors.